Saturday, May 8, 2010

Life goes on
















Chris left one week ago. It was horribly sad working up to that day, but since then everyone has been okay. There have been a few issues with attitudes and stuff but thankfully no one is crying for Daddy for hours. I am just amazed at how the kids just adjust. This is their norm and they are okay with it. We miss him terribly, but life does continue on.

So since he's left I've had a few moments of excitement. I found a rattlesnake on our back porch, I squished my finger so hard I still think I might lose the nail, and last night my ADT alarm went off just after 2am! We are all sound asleep and the alarm starts screaming. It's so loud that if someone had been in the house it would have made their ears ring for quite awhile. My front door was partially open but I think that I didn't make sure that it was closed all the way before bed and it blew open just enough to set it off. It was so scary. I had no idea if it was just an accident or if someone had tried to break into the house. I checked every closet and under every bed before feeling okay enough to set the alarm again. I still didn't make it back to sleep until after 4 sometime because I was so scared. So that's enough excitement for one deployment for me. Hopefully the rest of the summer will fly by without incident.
I've been working really hard to get the house ready to have someone rent it. I've been painting and doing yardwork like crazy. I even cleaned all the carpets. I almost don't want to leave it after we've done so much work to it. I'm lookin forward to the move. I wish it would just happen already! We still don't have orders because of all the flooding in TN. Hopefully things will get settled up in Millington and we'll get orders.

I've been horrible with pictures lately. I have tons, but I just haven't done anything with them. Here's some just to tide you over a bit.

0 comments: