Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Waiting is so hard

So Fay is churning away over Florida. Her path has changed so much that I just don't know what to think of this all. We went out and got some supplies, just in case. But I am just anxious. Chris has duty tomorrow so I will be here all by myself with the kids. This storm could be nothing or it could turn into something. Either way we are prepared. I bought supplies that are nonperishable so we have now started our hurricane closet as I am calling it. Its not really a closet, but a cabinet in the garage that is just about filled with canned goods, flashlights, candles and water. I hope that we really don't need any of it, but we have it.
For all of you here in town, be safe! For everyone anywhere else... I'll update soon. :)

1 comments:

Vaiva said...

I hope y'all stay safe and dry. I remember when Katrina and Rita where coming our way (I was living in Texas then), and Josh was in Florida. No fun, and scary. Good luck, and our prayers ar with you.