Wednesday, July 8, 2009

2 year well baby check up


Today Lilly had her 2yr well baby appointment. She is right on track with language and development, but she is not as big as the doctor would like. She weighed in at 23.7 lbs. today. That is down a 1/2 pound from her last appt. That puts her in the 5th percentile for her weight, and the 41st for her height. She was 35.5 inches long. Since she isn't maintaining weight we are now scheduled to go see a dietician and an occupational therapist. I can understand seeing the dietician but I don't really think she needs to be seen by the OT. They think that maybe she has issues with the textures of the food so they want her checked out for any sensory things. blah blah blah I don't really get it. I'll keep everyone updated. Hopefully she will just put on weight and we will not have to worry about any of this. I think she is just petite. Just little and tiny and cute. There is nothing wrong with that. Right?!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Great update and pictures! There's nothing wrong with cute and tiny and I've never noticed her having texture issues (strange). I think she's perfect!

Vaiva said...

I agree, I think she's perfect. When I was little, I was also very tiny, nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I think doctors just try to find something wrong.
Good luck and I hope that there really isn't anything wrong with her.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was passing by and just saw your post. Addison just had her 2 year apt this week and she is right at the same level. She is a few oz shy of 24lbs and 35" tall. My Dr did say she was in the 5th percentile for her weight, but he wasnt at all concerned since she seems to be "proportional".The girl eats like a horse, so I know she is getting everything that she needs, but luckily Addison only likes healthy food :) I am surprised to see that she is seeing a dietician and OT already...Do you see a Ped. on base?

Either way I am sure she is fine. I came home worrying about Addison too for alittle bit, but sometimes I think Moms know best :) GL!

-Ali