Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome to Miami!
This is the sight that greeted us as we came into the Miami area. Lots and lots of cars and lots and lots of rain. Fantastic!

The weather cooperated though, and really turned out to be pretty nice. We had a great room with a view of the ocean. (It was a side view but heck who cares? A view is a view)

The water was BEAUTIFUL. I have never seen anything like it. It looks kind of dark in the pictures but it was clear blue/green water! Exactly what I wanted.
See! I can see my feet! All of our beaches you can't even see your feet a few inches into the water. This water was up to my knees and I could still see. I swam out a ways later and wasn't able to touch the bottom by a long way and I could still see the bottom! AMAZING!
Our room had a bidet! I'm so easily amused and I just thought this was the funniest thing. I've never actually seen one except on TV. Goofy huh?



I didn't get many of us together because there was no one to take the picture. This is one of the better ones though. All the others I cut off half a head or face or it was totally crooked. But it was a self taken picture so for the most part I think they came out pretty good.
We had a wonderful vacation to only have to worry about each other. It was so great to be able to catch up with the man that I married and just be us again. We tried some really yummy restaurants, including one Italian place where we were WAY underdressed, but the food was fantastic. We slept in and enjoyed each others company so very very much. We have decided to try to get away without the kids more often. Maybe once a year. The time passed way too quickly and before we knew it we were headed home. I missed my babies so so much but the time that I got with Chris was wonderful!

1 comments:

Vaiva said...

Oh, that looks like fun. I'm so glad you got to get away and have a good time. You so deserve it.