Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I just need to let everyone know how much I hate the medicine Prednisone. It's an oral steroid and Kenneth is taking it. He broke out into hives starting Saturday morning. We can't for the life of us figure out what is making my baby break out into hives so badly. I took him to an urgent care facility on Sunday to see what the dr. thought. The prescribed him the steroid to hopefully help take care of it. One of the little side effects is that it could cause restlessness and hyperactivity. OH MY GOODNESS! I was not quite prepared for the wrath that is Kenneth. He is not the same person the last couple of days. He is INSANE. Even more so than usual, which really is saying something. I don't know what I am going to do with him for 3 more days worth of this medication. We might just barricade ourselves inside the house until he is normal again. I have never seen a child act like he has been. Running, yelling, jumping, being defiant, and just plain mean. He gets up at 7AM and doesn't finally crash until almost 9pm and he is going full speed the whole time! Oye, everyone keep me in your thoughts. Better yet keep him in your thoughts. Hopefully I won't kill him!

2 comments:

ronee said...

OMW..i told the doctor never ever would i give that to my children. Tyra had it..and because she is already a calm child..it still was bad..but when nanea took it..OMW...I thought shooting my child will be the only option. At one point ryan and I both felt that it was worth her being sick then having to deal with the whirlwind she was. I would say...take him off it...i know..horrible but that is what i did..i told the doctor that there is no way i can deal with that. she would go and go and go..till midnight..and then just pass out anywhere. I promise i felt like she was getting high..and just bottoming out from the drug. They prescribed her benedryl again. the effect was similar, the crazyness, but no way on the same scale. GOOD LUCK!

Vaiva said...

Poor boy. I hope he gets better soon, and I hope you have enough patience and strength to get through it. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.