Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wow

What a week or so we have had! Nonstop!



My birthday was last week friday. I am now the ripe old age of 24. Ancient huh? Not really I know. Lilly really like my birthday cake.


Chris's dad came into town on Thursday the 9th. We had a wonderful visit with him and the kids loved having grandpa around for the week. They really didn't want him to go home. Kenneth is already asking when he is coming back to visit.
Grandpa took the kids and me to the zoo.


While he was here we took a trip to Sea World! I loved it there. The kids had so much fun and really seemed to enjoy themselves with all of the animals. Lilly loved the Shamu show, and Kenneth says his favorite part was the sharks. The shark exhibit was really neat. We got to ride on one of those moving side walks through a tunnel with water all around, and it was filled with different kinds of sharks. It was really cool. I think Adrianna's favorite thing was feeding the sharks. Kenneth rode his first roller coaster while we were there. We had such a good time and I can't wait to go back again.



After we got back Grandpa got the kids a playground for our backyard. Wow, what an adventure that was! The stupid sand gnats just about ate off their arms and legs. Those are some vicious little bugs. It rained off and on pretty much the whole time they were trying to work on it too. Grandpa left on Monday and the playset wasn't quite together so Chris and a buddy finished it up on Tuesday in the rain and with the bugs again. The last finishing touches were put on it yesterday and it is officially done! The kids love it and have been on it alot.
On Wednesday the 15th my super good friend Misty welcomed her newest little boy Spencer into the world. CONGRATS MISTY AND JEREMY!
Yesterday was one of Chris's really good friend's birthday. Elicia, one of the bestests offered to keep the kids until late so we could take him out for his birthday. It was looking to be a really good night....until Chris got sick right after we got to the restaurant for dinner. What a bummer. We had an evening and we weren't able to use it. I hope whatever he has will be gone soon.
And to top off this evening Adrianna has been having bad dreams. She has been waking up EVERY night complaining of bad dreams. I don't know what to do anymore. It has gotten to the point where I don't think she is sleeping at all. I know she came into my room between 12 and 12:30 5 times. Then at 3 she went into her brother's room and got into his bed and turns on his TV. Its getting really bad. I have to figure out what to do.
I know this update has been a long time coming. Enjoy and let me know who's still there!

3 comments:

Vaiva said...

That was a busy week. I can't belive how big Lilly is getting. I love that pic where she's sitting in front of the fountain. What a cute playground you got. One day when we own a house, we'll have to get one like it.

I hear you on those bad dreams. Katrina has been waking up last three nights around 3 and staying up for 2 hours crying. She doesn't want to sleep with us, or alone. She just sits and cries. Mistery to me, and I am exhausted.

Fire Dad said...

It was great seeing you guys and I am glad the kids like the playground. You said to use alcohol for the bug bites. You should have mentioned to 'rub' it on and not drink it. All is better now. Dad

Misty said...

Wow, that was quite the week! Love the new playground, it looks like crazy fun! We're settling in great, even went to St. Johns yesterday for Spencer's first outing. I hope Chris is feeling better, what a bummer on a date night, it reminds me of my birthday last year when everything went wrong the entire day and then I get sick on top of it all and missed out on going out. See you soon.