Sunday, February 8, 2009

A little catch up

We have been quite busy here around The Smith house.
Last week mid week we got the news that Chris would be leaving on another boat for awhile. Surprise!! Damn Navy! Oh well Chris had some things to get done, and what better time than now. He gets to go out with some good friends so that is good too. So he's gone now, and we are here. We plan on keeping plenty busy with friends and different events and holidays.
Friday was our boat holiday party. I guess it was kind of a Valentine's party. It was a great excuse to get to buy a new dress and get my hair cut and go out with my hubby. We had a great time. We are so fortunate to have a handful of great friends here who helped us out with keeping the kids, and we were able to stay the night at the hotel where our party was held. Thanks so much Misty, Abby, and Elicia. You guys are great! It was my first time being away from Lilly over night and I think I did surprisingly well. Umm err I mean she did surprisingly well. Haha. I'm glad we did it and I would love to have the opportunity to do it again.
I don't have any pictures right now. I've been slacking in the picture department, but I will get some soon.

3 comments:

Misty said...

She did fine and so did you! You only checked on me a handful of times (sooooo kidding!) Damn Navy is right, who do they think they are running our lives for us?

The Miller Family said...

Anytime! The kids were great!

Vaiva said...

I hope you took a picture in your new dress and haircut. Sorry to hear Chris is gone with another boat. Josh had to do that too. I'm with Misty, what is Navy thinking? Haha.