Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wow, what a day it has been today. I just have to say that I am extremely proud of myself for getting everything accomplished without freaking out once! Yay me! haha
So the day that Chris left while I was driving to Target a big truck drove by me and blew some rocks into my windshield. It never fails that something happens within 2 days of Chris leaving, and this is no exception. The rocks chipped my windshield in 2 places. I was so mad. But today I managed to find a place here in town that does repairs just for the chips. So as soon as I dropped Kenneth off at school I went to the glass place and had that done. Thing 1 done for the day...check.
Then I went to get the base stickers for the new car since we just got the plate switched over. Lilly was a pain in the butt at Pass and ID but it got done, and I got them put on the car along with the new license plate. Check, check and check.
I was headed to WalMart to get some pictures when I got a phone call from Misty. The school nurse at Adrianna's school was trying to reach me and they didn't have my cell number, but they had Misty's(hmm...wierd huh). So I call the school with visions of broken bones or vomit running through my head. The nurse informs me that Adrianna had decided to put a glob of dried up glitter glue into her ear and then proceeded to push it so far in her ear canal that it couldn't be reached with regular tweezers!! Huh?!?! She did what? I was laughing so hard when the nurse told me. She must have thought I was nuts. Anyhoo, I went and got her from school. Our base clinic informed me that they didn't know what to do about this and told me to take her to the ER.
I went and got Kenneth from school, picked up lunch, and rushed home to watch a friend's daughter while she went to the dr. I made lots of phone calls and baked 3 dozen cookies while she was gone.
After Elicia got back I took Adrianna to the ER and sat there for 2 1/2 hours for them to use a little scooper like thingy with a light on the end (i'm sure thats the medical term for it) and scoop this ball of gunk out of her ear. The doctor was telling her that he was going to have to blow air into her nose while he plugged the other ear and the ball would come flying out. She looked really concerned. It was a simple procedure that should have been handled at our clinic, but of course not.
Then we were off to a fun get together at our new WEPS house. We had pizza and yummy desserts and lots of chaotic fun.
Whew! I'm beat! It's been a long day and I know that I will be calling it quits in about umm...2 min. So goodnight! I hope tomorrow is alot slower!

2 comments:

Vaiva said...

Wow, good job on getting everything done and not freaking out. Adrianna is too funny sometimes. Did you ask her why she did it? I wonder what she would say :)

Sunshine said...

She said she just wanted to see how it would feel. She's a goofy girl, that's all I know.