Thursday, June 19, 2008

When I grow up...

So as we were driving back from the aquatic center today Kenneth was getting deep on me. I could tell that he was really thinking hard in the back seat. He was telling me what he wanted to be when he grew up. This is how it went.

  • "I want to be a helicopter flier"
  • "Wow that would be a nice job."
  • "No I want to be a submarine driver."
  • "You can do that too. Whatever you want to be, you can."
  • (thinking really hard) "I want to be a fish."
  • (laughing very quietly)"Sorry honey, you can't be a fish. You are a boy, a person so you can't be a fish. You'll always be a person."
  • (kind of whining now)"But I really want to. I want to go on someone's fishing rod."

And with that I burst out laughing. I couldn't contain myself. He is just so darn cute sometimes. He seemed to be really thinking hard about all this. So now I am the proud mother of a soon to be hooked fish. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me Kenneth takes after his Pa. Your Dad had ideas like that too. Great minds run in the same channel. Hope you have a great trip I will miss your updates.
We love you all,
Nanny & Paw Paw