Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wow...the longest post ever!

Wow is all that I can say. It has been a very long and busy few weeks. We are now finally home from our vacation, and boy are we glad to finally be home. My poor babies were so tired of riding in the car. Well we were certainly busy. Where should I start?

Lilly is ever so helpful to mommy. I was trying to get packed.


On Friday after Chris got home on Thursday we left. It took us about 10 hours to make it to Tennessee. We had crap weather to drive in and the traffic in Atlanta was horrendous! I HATE Atlanta. I have never been able to make it through that stinking city in less than an hour and a half. Its not that big either. But we made in to Murfreesboro just in time to have dinner with my family at a neat little Italian place. My grandparents, mom and dad, brother and his family, sister and her baby were all there. It was a big to-do let me tell ya. :) We had a lot of fun just hanging out and having some yummy food and catching up a bit. It was nice.This is the newest to the O'Neal clan. This is nephew Cannon. So little!Dinner with family.


Kenneth needed to make sure Lilly's bed was acceptable. It's crazy to me that he was once able to fit in these things quite well.




We stayed in a hotel that night in Murfreesboro then left first thing in the morning on Saturday to head to Michigan. It was about 9 hours to Chris's family's house. We did make a little stop on the way though. We stopped in Indianapolis to visit with a friend who lived near us in SC, but now they live in Washington, DC. It was nice to see Jamison again. I wish Jayme could have been there too. Oh well. We finally made it to Michigan just in time for me to break the new car. Haha well thats what Chris wants to think. I had taken the car to Chris's grandma's house and when I can back out to leave the car wouldn't start. What kind of crap is that. It's a fairly new car and I know I didn't do anything to it. Well it turns out that when Chris set off the alarm at a rest area somewhere in Indiana it screwed up the car. So long story short we just had to reset the alarm in order for it to work. It was some kind of extra security. If someone steals my car and sets off the alarm and then is able to get it turned off the car will only drive so far before it won't go any more. Good to know huh? All snoozing except Adrianna. They look so cramped! Poor babies.


Lilly is checking out Great-Grandma's swing set.






On Sunday Chris went to his brother's and cousin's graduation. The graduation time was right at nap time so I opted to stay home with the two little ones so they wouldn't be grumpy during the ceremony. Chris with his cousin Sarah, his grandma, mom and uncle Al.


Chris and his younger brother Steven.


Monday was Steven (chris's brother) graduation party. Now that was a busy day. There was so much food and lots of friends and family hanging out. We played games and talked. I even got to go for a ride on Chris's uncle's Harley. It was alot of fun. Chris really wants to get a motorcycle, but I am just not convinced yet. They scare the mess out of me and I wouldn't want to ride the thing for more than a few minutes. I survived though. :)


He's cool. That's all there is so say!



Tuesday we had a "small" party for Lilly's birthday so everyone up there could celebrate her birithday with us. It turned out really well. Lilly got a few presents which she really enjoyed unwrapping and we had cupcakes. She is so big!Lilly is helping Great-grandma set up for the party. :)
Lilly and her aunt Diana.

She loves to squish the cupcake!




Wednesday we said goodbye to everyone up in MI and headed South once again. This time though we took a detour to the West. We have some wonderful friends in Memphis from when Chris was in school there a few years ago. We stopped to spend some time with them on Thursday. It was great to see everyone again. We miss you guys so very much! Mike and Phyllis invited us to go to the lake with them on Friday to go out on their new boat. Boy oh Boy was that some fun! I had a blast swimming and going 'tubing. I want a boat now, because I would love to be able to spend the weekends on the water.


Riley, Corinne, Adrianna, and kenneth.


Vanessa and Kenneth sharing an apple.Riley and Lilly just checking each other out. Riley is about 4 months (I think) younger than Lilly, but she is just as big. :)
Lilly loved the life jacket.
Kenneth wasn't really sure in the beginning if he liked being on the boat, but after a little while he decided he loved it!




Lilly and mommy swimming.We went on the tube together! How fun!Best of friends!


Saturday morning we left. We were headed back to my dad's house. We were only able to spend on night with them which wasn't so good but it was better than nothing. We went to dinner on Saturday and really enjoyed visiting. Kenneth and his Pa and Nana just hanging out.
Lilly and her Pa. She loves him so much!




Sunday morning came way too soon. At 5am the alarm went off for us to head back home. We again, hit awful weather and horrible traffic in Atlanta. Did I mention I hate that place? But we finally made it home in about 10 hours.


So now over 2500 miles and 10 days later we are home! Yay! Not much time to settle in though because tonight I am headed to the airport to get my mom for a 9 day visit. Wow. We are nonstop fun this summer, and there is only more to come.

1 comments:

Mrs. Em said...

Wow! What a trip! Seems like a ton of fun!