Tuesday, September 2, 2008

He might as well be grown

My little boy started school today. It is only preschool, but still this is HUGE! It feels like time has just gotten away from me. It seems too soon for him to be 3 1/2. Oh my, I almost had a breakdown taking him to school this morning. He was so ready and so very excited. I found myself getting teary as I was walking him up. "He didn't need me anymore" is what I kept thinking. Oh he still does need me I soon found out. He was all about school until he got in there and a few other kids were crying and holding onto their mommies. Then he started crying and holding on to me telling me he didn't want to stay. He wanted to go home with me. I almost took him back home. Almost, but not quite. I finally pried him loose and left him.
When I went back to get him 3 short hours later he was so excited to tell me everything that had happened. He was just chattering away all the way home. He had a good day and does want to go back. Woo Hoo!

His name is on that little tree. His teacher is Ms. Melody, so they are called Ms. Melody's Merry Mice. The mouse is the animal that his class gets called to help us when its time to pick up the kids.
This one was about 1 minute before his little meltdown. He was SO excited!

4 comments:

ronee said...

Be strong mommy! He still needs you! At 13, tyra stills need me..just in a different way!
xoxo
ronee

Misty said...

Yay for Kenneth and Mommy! I'm so excited for him, he's such a big boy. It's such a big step that I'm preparing myself for for when Jack is 3 1/2. =)

Vaiva said...

Wow, starting school already. Last time I saw him, he was learning to talk. Lots of strength to you! And he so needs you still!

Shane and Tabitha said...

I am so happy to hear that all is well with you and the family we miss you and would like to hear from you give me a call sometime love you...shane