Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My poor Lilly

So I know I've said it before and I will say it again, and I'm sure it won't be the last time. Never a dull day in the Smith household. Today I spent a good part of the day with my little Lilly in the ER. Something is always bound to happen while Chris is away, and this underway is no exception to that rule. Lilly was following Kenneth around today and she was trying to follow him into the bathroom. He accidentally closed the door when her fingers where between the door frame and the door in the crack. It just about took off the end of her little finger. I was of course freaking out a bit only because I was totally worried about my baby. Lilly was way upset too until I got the towel around her finger nice and tight then she calmed down. We rushed to the ER where she had to get 3 stitches and lost her pinky nail. The doctor tells me it should grow back normally so that is good news. She is on lots of pain meds and sleeping peacefully now. Now my biggest challenge is to get the almost 2 year old to leave on a huge bulky irritating bandage for a whole week. I don't see it happening but here to hoping she cooperates.


While in the hospital Lilly was in very good spirits. She needed to be entertained so we got goofing around with the camera. Isn't she such a champ for being in such a good mood with the end of her finger still partially unattached?



WARNING! In the video there is a bit of blood on her bandaging. Don't watch it if you don't like it!





All bandaged up and ready to go.



4 comments:

Misty said...

Poor baby. I'm glad she is okay and yes, she's quite the champ!!!

rachel said...

my finger hurts just thinking about that. Glad she is okay. Good luck keeping the bandage on her.

The Hines Family said...

OH MY! Hang in there Momma. I am sure it was all harder for you than it was for her. I am thinking of you.

Vaiva said...

Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. Poor little pinky.