Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm alive!

Wow, so I do think that I have gotten over my little funk. I hope some of you have stuck it out and are still hanging on with me! We had our first whole weekend! I am so beyond thrilled that we got to see Chris for 2 whole days! We are all feeling much better and are so happy to have our Chris/daddy home.


So while I was away we went to 2 bowling birthday parties. My kids are going to be pro bowlers in no time. They really love going bowling, including Lilly. Kenneth and Adrianna don't even need help anymore. Kenneth can recognize his name on the screen and knows which ball to use and all. He is so big! Lilly tries her very best to push the ball down the lane too.


We have also been knee deep in soccer stuffs. With buying all the necessary equipment, which Chris insists has to be all matching Adidas stuff; going to 2 practices a week while fighting off the flesh eating sand gnats, and doing the first game this weekend; we have been really busy with it. I was a teensy bit worried that Kenneth was going to hate it when he refused to even go out onto the field with his team for the first practice, but he seems to be LOVING it! I hope it keeps up.


This weekend, since we had Chris home, we kept extra busy out of the house. We had Jack's 3rd birthday party. Woo Hoo for being 3! We also went fishing at a friends pond. Which the kids just absolutely loved! They had such a good time catching the fish and taking turns putting the fish into a bucket to watch. Then on Sunday we ventured down to Jacksonville and did a little looking at mall before going to a yummy restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes. It was so good. Then we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to run around and play some games. Boy was that fun! NOT! The kids really enjoy it, but it is kind of small and gets really really crowded. There are kids quite literally trying to crawl up you butt and trying to mooch some free tokens or tickets off of ya. I was pretty ready to go but the kids had fun so thats all that really mattered. Next stop was the beach. I love the beach. I would go everyday if I could. After the beach on the way home daddy stopped and got the kids some Dunkin Donuts. What a treat that was. We almost never have donuts and if we do get them they usually wait until we get home before the kids eat them. The kids got spoiled a bit. We were so happy to have Chris for the weekend with no duty days on Saturday or Sunday so we lived it up!

I do apologize for my long blog absence. I do solemnly swear to try to not do that again. I enjoy keeping everyone up to date with everything so it doesn't suit me to just say screw it, and not update for like 2 weeks! Chris' work schedule still really sucks, and will until the boat leaves with him on it again, but I feel better now.

My little soccer man.

He got so much ball time. I got tons of pics of him kicking it, and throwing it, and trying to stop it. Trying being the key word. haha

This is their good game line. You know where you smack hands with the other team and tell them good game over and over and over. This was just beyond all these little people. They all had 2 hands out and were just standing there looking confused! So cute!

Adrianna's catfish. This was as close to it as I could get her. She was so scared of any of the fish.
Lilly's fish. She too was scared to be too close. She loved looking at them, but didn't want them flopping around near her. Oh and notice the wet bottom of her pants. After about 5 min. Lilly managed to get too close and sink in to about her knees.

One of Kenneth's fish. He wasn't scared. He would pick them up and throw them in the water for us.

This is Kenneth's catfish.


Chris just had to have a pic of me with the catfish since I actually touched the thing and got the hook out and all. I'm a big wimp. I was so worried that I was hurting him. And these dang catfish are slippery little suckers! :)

This was the only pic from Chuck E Cheese. Lilly loves carousels.


There were some awesome tide pools at the beach. The water was a ton warmer here so the kids just had a blast swimming in these. We didn't intend to go swimming, but oh well, its all fun.

We are meant for the beach!

Another tide pool. Lilly fell into one right before this that was up to her shoulders.
Mmmm...donuts



2 comments:

Vaiva said...

I'm still here and I've been checking and wondering where you went. Glad to hear you're back and glad that you had your hubby the whole weekend. Love all the pics!!

The Miller Family said...

You were awesome with that catfish! That thing was a monter!! And you did it with no gloves even! ewwwww