Friday, March 6, 2009

Neato Trick

Adrianna has the worst cough EVER! The doctors claim it is just seasonal allergies and prescribed her some allergy meds. But until the meds kick in (in a couple of days) she has this persistant hacking, all day all night, almost makes her throw up cough. I was at my wits end. I had tried everything I knew of. There's cough medicine, honey, tea, cough drops, peppermints, vaporizers, and vicks on the chest! Nothing worked. She would be up until 10pm just coughing her little head off only to finally fall into a fitfull sleep. I was looking up stuff to help her and I came across someone suggesting vicks vapo rub on the soles of the kids feet. I used a warm cloth to open the pores on the soles of her feet. Then I slathered vicks all over them and covered them with socks. I really didn't think this would help, but I was willing to try almost anything (safe) to get her some relief. And OMG it actually worked. And in case it was a fluke, I did it again tonight and she stopped coughing in about 5 min. She has been coughing all day long and in 5 min she is calm enough for sleep!! Try it, it works!

4 comments:

Misty said...

That's really neat! I'm going to try it next time Jack coughs!

Shelly said...

WOW! I'm really excited to know this! Only wish I had known it a few weeks ago, but now I'm prepared!!! Thanks for sharing! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Vaiva said...

My mom used to do it to us all the time. Sorry, I didn't know Adrianna was sick. Glad you found out about it :) I hope she feels better soon.

ronee said...

we do this! it only works for certain kinds of coughs! glad it worked!
xoxo
ronee