Saturday, July 19, 2008

major vent...beware!

What a yucky few days we've had here lately. The weather has been extremely crappy and so have Chris's work schedule. Most of that started yesterday. He left for work at his normal time and I didn't see him again until 10:30pm! This was not even a duty day mind you. And then on top of that he had to go in to work this morning and here it is almost 2 pm and I still haven't seen him, and oh wait there's more, he has duty tomorrow! Which means I won't see him until Monday evening sometime! Ack! I cannot wait until off crew. Even something somewhat resembling off crew would be wonderful.
We had plans for this lovely Saturday. But instead of it being Chris and me with the kids hanging out and having fun, it was just me and the kids. We went and did a little school shopping. That was a pain in the butt all on its own. Its really weird around here. School starts in less than 2 weeks and the stores hardly have any of their school supplies out. And what is out they aren't on sale at all. It's just strange. We have done school shopping 3 other years now. This will be the 4th year. Never have I seen a place that doesn't have their stuff out like months in advance. Only here.
We have a birthday party later. I bet I will be doing that on my own too. We were supposed to go to a BBQ last night, but that one got cancelled because of the work schedule. I know its not Chris's fault but I still need to vent anyway, and he isn't here. So now I feel a little better. I am going to try my best to make the best of the rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

The Huls Family said...

"offcrew...." whatever... I know the feeling girl... only 10 more days and we'll be home... hahah OH BOY....

Kelly

Mrs. Em said...

I'm sorry things have been so crazy for you. Believe me, I completely know how it is. It's been wile over on our end too. It's just how things go sometimes. Just keep your head up. And don't worry...vent away. We all understand. Some days are better than others. I hope your better days come soon!

Buster and Mary said...

The stores seem to be slacking this year. Even our Walmart is slow about getting things out. The kids have to wear uniforms this year and they are hard to find certain colors and the right sizes.