Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We HAD a dog.


Well on Friday we went to the Humane Society and found a wonderful doggy for us to adopt. We wanted to be sure that the dog would get along with the kids and the cat so we decided to foster her for a little while to be sure. From the very first night though, Lilly was sneezing and coughing all night long. Her nose was so runny too. We gave it a few days to see if maybe it was something else that was causing her problems, but it really seemed to be the dog. So now I am really bummed. I had gotten kind of attached to this big slobbery, chews on everything, mess of a dog. I took her back today and it was surprisingly hard to tell her bye. She was such a sweet dog. So now I am sad. I was kind of hoping to add a dog to the family, but Lilly's comfort is more important to us than a dog. I hope she finds a good home.

1 comments:

Vaiva said...

Poor little Lilly and poor little doggie. Too bad you couldn't keep it. I hope Lilly is doing better now, and hopefully the pup will find a home soon.

P.S. - did you try opening my page again? Cause I checked and the pic is there. Strange...