Monday, July 7, 2008

Trying to catch up...

So I am obviously not doing a good job of keeping up here lately. I got back from Chicago just over a week ago now. We had some issues with Adrianna being gone to visit with her mom while I was away so my mom came home to Georgia with Adrianna. She has been her since then and is leaving tomorrow. It's been nice to have her here and help me out, but now its time to get back to normal and get ready for Adrianna to start school again.
While in Chicago we had a ton of fun. We went to zoos and aquariums, riding on trains and boats, and way up in the Sears tower. I really enjoyed myself and really thank Misty and her wonderful family for having us for a while. It was such a nice vacation!
We got home just in time for the 4th of July holiday. It was wonderful. Chris had a 3 day weekend. It was the first 3 day he has had since he reported to the boat. It has been so nice being able to spend some time with him over the weekend. In the morning on the 4th we went to the parade in St. Mary's. It was so stinking hot! After our time in Chicago this heat here is killer. Since it was so hot that morning we didn't stay long after the parade. We came back later in the evening to watch the fireworks. And for the fourth year in a row... Kenneth HATED the fireworks. I keep telling myself that this year is the year. He will do better this year. Nope, not this time. This was not our year. He spent the entire fireworks display buried in a blanket on Daddy's lap. The show didn't start until 10pm. So by the time that it got underway Lilly was just about asleep on the blanket. It was pretty cute though. She just layed there and looked up at the sky.
All in all we have had a fun, but ever eventful past few weeks. I am glad to be home with the entire family all together. I will add pictures soon.

0 comments: