Tuesday, May 6, 2008

3.5 hours later...

Oh my goodness. Never a dull day in the Smith household. This time it was Lilly getting hurt. She fell off of a friends toddler bed onto the floor. No big deal huh? Yeah not so much. She started crying so I go and get her to comfort her and make her feel better. When I pick her up, her entire body goes limp and her eyes roll back in her head. It lasted for maybe 10 seconds. I freaked out! "Oh god!" is all that I could say. I didn't know what exactly had just happened. I called the nurse call center for the base and the nurse tells me she may have had a seizure and that I need to call 911 or go immediately to the ER. What?! So I go straight to the ER and over 3 hours and a CT scan later, we are released. Her CT was clear, and the doctor said that when she fell it must have really scared her and she passed out. My baby girl fainted! Oh my... I am so happy that she is okay. I was so worried. But now since Chris has been gone 2 of the 3 children got hurt, but not seriously. I think I will lock Kenneth in his room until Chris comes home so he will stay safe.

5 comments:

Misty said...

I'm so glad she's okay. It's terrifying to experience things like that with the children, how scary and I'm sorry Chris was away also. It's so much easier to face the ER with your husband by your side. Let's pad Kenneth from head to toe!!! Take care.

Fire Dad said...

Glad to hear Lilly is ok... I am sure they told you to keep an eye on her for a couple of days... Have you ever considered a class in Child CPR... or maybe you already have had it.

dad

Vaiva said...

I'm so relieved to hear Lilly is ok. I'm sorry Chris was gone when this happened. You got me all scared here for a moment. So glad everything turned out ok.

Sunshine said...

Fire day... I do need to do another CPR class. I took one in high school, but its been about 5 years ago now. So I should find another class around here. Good idea.
Thanks everyone else. I wish Chris had been here too.

Mackenzie said...

Oh My Gosh! How Scary, I'm so glad she is okay. (hugs)