Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tumbling and lots of random thoughts

Every Thursday we go to the local Rec Center and take a Mommy and Me tumbling class. We have been going for a while now and Kenneth just loves it. Now that Lilly is walking, she as well enjoys it. The kids just get to run around and act like crazy kids. There are lots of mats and a trampoline, a ball pit and rings to swing from. We all have a good time.




Adrianna had gymnastics today too. It was her very first practice. She really seemed to enjoy herself. She learned how to do a cart wheel, which is major progress for her first time. I've been trying to teach her how to do a cart wheel for a long time now. I guess since I don't know how to actually do one myself I may not have been the best teacher huh? Anyway, they all got to go flipping and flopping and running and screaming today. Yay!


The What-Ifs--- Has anyone heard of these? They are a major dysfunction in our house. Adrianna has them bad and I really think that they are contagious, and I believe Kenneth is getting them. Everyday we go through about a million scenarios of what ifs. What if you lost your keys down the drain and I had locked all the doors? What if Kenneth tried to drive the car into the front door? What if someone took Coach's clothes and hair and tried to be him? What if...blah blah blah. you get the picture eh? It drives me just about crazy. (not that I'm that far off) I've just started to come up with even crazier what ifs as a response to hers. I won't even answer her anymore I just pop out one of mine and you can tell she is thinking about it. This is what I came up with today in response to her crazy tirade of what ifs. "What if an alien abducted you and ate all your hair off, then put grass in place? And in the grass you got ants and the birds were flying down eating the ants all day long?" Its weird I know, but its all I could think of spur of the moment. She seemed totally stumped by that one. I got her to hush with the what ifs for about a minute.

I've had this list of my gripes in my head for awhile, so I thought I might just share with all of you. Here goes:

A few of my least favorite things:

  • 35 MPH speed limits on open roads. Its just silly. No one actually does it. Except me now. Since I'm the only one in Kingsland to get a stupid $165 ticket!
  • washer and dryer in the garage. Seriously who thought this was a good idea? It gets so dang hot here and I have to go out in the sweltering garage to change over the laundry. I'm getting pretty fast at it nowadays though.
  • GNATS! I hate them. That's all I can say. I swear they are going to carry off one of my children soon.

A few of my favorite things:

  • Beautiful 80 degree days where there are no clouds in the sky. The perfect day to go outside and hang out with wonderful friends.
  • My baby girls 1 tooth grin. There is another about half way but that one little tooth just melts my heart.
  • a glass of wine and a good movie. Maybe a piece of chocolate or 2. I plan to indulge in this one very soon. :)
  • the goodbye hugs from my husband. They seem to just go on forever, but then they still end too soon. Bittersweet.
  • I Love You. In any form. Just fantastic!
  • The count down until I next get to see Chris.

2 comments:

Vaiva said...

Our washer and dryer are in the garage too, and I love it!! I thought it was an excellent idea to put it there. Well, then again, WA is not as hot as GA :) I love it there cause I can do laundry anytime and I don't have to listen to it. I thought to have it in the kitchen was the stupidest idea cause when people come over you can never have it running cause it's loud. Well, that's my thinking :) I hope you are doing well, and I hope Chris will be back soon.

Misty said...

I love the video of Kenneth, he's such a handsome little guy with a smile that can melt your heart! Ouch on the ticket price. I was wondering if you ever heard from them on the amount. I had to use your ticket as an example to get Jeremy to slow down on that road! Stupid 35mph. I'm with you on the wine, movie and chocolate. When not pregnant, I definitely have a dark chocolate, red wine obsession when Jeremy's out of town. Yay for Lilly's teeth!!!!!!!!!!