Wednesday, May 14, 2008

heart breaking...

It is so hard for me when my 3 year old wants his daddy so much that he sees him everywhere. On the way back from taking Adrianna to school he saw a man in uniform and was screaming that daddy is home. He was so very upset when I told him that it wasn't daddy, and that daddy was still on the submarine. He launched himself into a major sob fest. He just kept telling me he wanted daddy home. I always tell him "soon". He wasn't just accepting that answer today. He kept begging "please please". It just breaks my heart to know my baby is hurting. Its so hard. I wish he could understand that it's not me keeping daddy away. I want him to know that his daddy misses him so very much and wants to be here too. We have a movie about a day in the life of a submariner. He watches it almost every day. He still thinks that he is watching daddy's boat. He looks for him on the movie. Will it ever be easier when daddy is away?

2 comments:

Vaiva said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for the little Kenneth. I'm not looking forward to that age when the kids know daddy is gone but can't understand yet that it will be awhile until he comes home, and all they want is their daddy now. That must be so hard. You are an amazing mommy to do what you do. I'm so proud of you. Love and miss you.
xoxo

ronee said...

I might have a solution..not totally easier..but it might help! You know at christmas time how kids make those construction paper garlands..with the links? I hope that makes sense..anyway..make one for everyday that chris is gone...have them make it together when he is home..before he leaves...and then everyday..let him cut a link..it makes the transition easier! at least it did for my girls!
good luck!!
xoxo
ronee