Saturday, April 19, 2008

Busy few days


Yesterday was the Submarine Ball. I wasn't able to go because Chris is still away and I didn't really want to go alone. So I opted to not spend the money and I stayed home. I kept some friends' kids. All in total there were 6 children and one me. I was totally out numbered. But I held my own and survived the night. Haha. It wasn't that bad all the kids were pretty good. One of the little girls is getting some teeth so she was pretty fussy, but that is understandable. I still really wish that I had been able to go. I have not yet made it to a Sub Ball. I have been to Navy birthday Balls but that is it. I was really looking forward to getting all "pretty" and being able to have a nice time with other adults. Oh well. There is always next year. As long as Chris isn't away again.
Alyssa is rubbing Lilly's back. So sweet!


The other 4 crazies. They are watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. Notice Carter is taking a picture of me with the cell phone. :)





Today there was some kind of kid event in Downtown St. Mary's that we went to. There were Fire Engines and Police cars for the kids to look at. There were also a few games and a couple of bouncy houses. The games weren't very well thought out and they were too difficult or just kind of silly, but oh well. It was free. Who cares? I think the biggest hit was going to the little playground right by the water were the kids played for quite awhile.

The truck was running so Kenneth was too scared to get near it.





Playing at the park.




Once we got home, everyone layed down for a nap, including mom. Almost as soon as nap time was over the power went out. It wasn't storming or even raining. I don't know exactly what happened but it took over 4 hours for the power to come back on. It was ridiculous. I was beginning to worry the food in the fridge would spoil.


Anyway. All is well and we are still here all in one piece, so I would say its been a successful few days.

1 comments:

Vaiva said...

I missed Sub Ball too. I never been to Nave Ball or Sub Ball. Hopefully next year I'll get to go, if Josh is not away :) So I'm in the same boat as you, haha.

I love the pic of Lilly with the star antennas. So cute :)